WLS Training event
Warwickshire Legal Services are holding their annual training for schools on 14th November 2023. This year, the event will take place at Warwick Racecourse and will run from approximately 9:15am – 3:30pm. The training will include:
- The role of schools in the admissions process (whether or not they are admission authorities);
- The circumstances in which admission authorities are permitted to refuse an application;
- The rights of parents, including the appeals process and what to do when parents disagree with each other;
- How appeal panels work and what they consider, plus the role that schools need to play in the process;
- Specific circumstances (e.g. infant class size, challenging behaviour, selective schools etc).
There is no cost to attend the event and lunch and refreshments will be provided. To sign up, please compete the sign-up form here.