SEND Aspiring Leadership Programme
Following the success of last year’s Aspiring Leadership Programme we are delighted to offer this opportunity again.
The programme includes practical sessions focusing on:
- Leadership styles - identifying your skills and attributes and how these can inform interactions with your team
- Adapting your leadership style to create personalised approaches
- School evaluation and development planning – solutions focused
- Effective use of funding including budget management and financial forecasting
- Resilience – doing more with less and maintaining positivity
- A culture of change improves outcomes for pupils – stop doing the same and expecting different results
- Dealing with difficult situations – identifying strategies to enable you to channel emotional responses
Opportunities will be provided to enable colleagues to share good practice and to seek advice and solutions to current challenges. The sessions are very practical and do not require attendees to complete coursework or assignments, although they are encouraged to complete small school-based projects.
Schools are invited to send up to two colleagues but who must be committed to completing the full training programme. Sessions will be held from 1.30pm to 3.30pm at Oak Wood Primary School, Nuneaton.
Feedback from previous attendees has been very positive and many of these colleagues have successfully sought promotion to senior leadership roles.
“The training provided me with great practical advice to develop my leadership skills and shared innovative ways to motivate and engage staff when leading change. It helped me in preparing for promotion by gaining self-awareness of my leadership characteristics and how to deploy appropriate leadership tools for specific situations.” (Middle leader)
Dates for the programme
18 October 2019
15 November 2019
13 December 2019
17 January 2020
14 February 2020
13 March 2020
24 April 2020
22 May 2020
12 June 2020
10 July 2020
How do I enrol?
Please send your name email address and current role to Jenny Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11 October at the latest. Jenny is also happy to answer any questions you may have about the programme.