SAVE THE DATE! Don’t miss Warwickshire’s Supported Internships Fair – 30th November 2023
Don’t miss this great opportunity to learn more about Supported Internships in Warwickshire and the benefits for young people!
Warwickshire County Council is hosting a special twilight event on Thursday 30 November 2023 for education professionals, local businesses, young people, and their families, to share new guidance and information available to support young people across the county into supported internships.
Supported Internships are work-based study programmes for young people, aged 16 to 24, who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and want to move into employment, but need some extra support.
As well as giving young people the opportunity to develop the transferrable skills and knowledge needed for a paid job, Supported Internships can also help with improving confidence, self-esteem, and a social life. You can see a fantastic example of the positive impact of a supported internship by watching the case-study of Rhiannon and Matthew, two Warwickshire young people who are now enjoying full-time employment at The Heart of England Forest. Read more on this story here, too.
Who should attend the Supported Internships Fair
- Headteachers/principals, SENCos and career leads from education settings in Warwickshire
- Young people aged 16-25 years with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Parents and carers of young people aged 16-25 years with an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Local businesses that are interested in hosting supported internships
Purpose of the event
The Supported Internships Fair will offer a unique opportunity to:
- Learn about the new guidance developed by Warwickshire County Council to improve information available for young people, their parents and carers and businesses and colleges about supported internships, the benefits and what is involved
- Hear real stories of successful supported internships from previous interns and business hosts
- Find out where to access information about supported internships on Warwickshire’s Local Offer pages
- Gain valuable information and network with partner agencies including local colleges, the Department for Work and Pensions, Warwickshire Skills Hub, Prospects, Equip and more.
When and where
The drop-in event will take place on Thursday 30 November 2023, from 4pm to 7pm at Compton Verney, Warwickshire, CV35 9HZ. Light refreshments will be provided.
The venue is accessible with wheelchair access, accessible toilets and allocated accessible car parking.
Save the date!
Save the date in your calendars today - Thursday 30 November, 4pm to 7pm. Email invitations will be sent out after half term so please look out for this and let us know if you plan to attend.
If you don’t receive the invitation or would like more information about the event or the supported internships project, please email SENDchange@warwickshire.gov.uk.