Youth Champions course
The Warwickshire County Council ‘Let’s Do the Right Thing’ COVID – 19 Youth Champions Course is a new initiative with the purpose of establishing an additional channel of engagement with young people across the county with regard to COVID-19 prevention, correct information and messaging, and promoting vaccinations.
The course is jointly planned with Public Health, the Marketing and Communications Team, and several other partner agencies being involved in the delivery of presentations. As this is the pilot course, we are looking for young people, aged between 16-18, from across the county to complete the course, provide feedback for any improvements they feel need to be made or changes to the course and to become first COVID-19 Youth champions.
These champions will receive weekly information updates from WCC and will embark upon their own individual COVID-19 action plan.
The course has four specific aims:
1) To provide opportunities to learn how to be more active and involved - especially with reference to COVID-19 community recovery
2) To provide opportunities to learn about the impact of the pandemic locally and how to stay safe
3) Show how to help young people get information and support – to help extend protection and safety throughout the communities of Warwickshire
4) To support you to develop a personal action plan about what you can do as a COVID-19 Youth Champion.
5) To provide information and knowledge about services.
The course is free of charge. It is non-accredited, but participants receive a certificate and will be reimbursed for their time on completion, as a thank you.
We are asking Schools and colleges to become involved by means of asking if any students would be interested in helping us with the pilot course and to designate an adult lead that the young person will be able to go to for support if needed and to give consent for areas such as a display board/ posters being put up, possible talks in assemblies, items to go into newsletters etc.
If you are interested in your school/college to become involved in this exciting new project, have any questions or would like more information please could you contact:
Michelle Gravatt: 01926742946 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ripon Danis: 01926 742390 Email: email@example.com
Youth Community Champions Courses
- Tuesday 27th April 2021
- Tuesday 4th May 2021
- Tuesday 11th May 2021
- Tuesday 18th May 2021
These are all from 4:00 – 5:30pm
Full details about these courses can be found in the flyer here.