Teaching School Hubs
Teaching School Hubs have been created by the DFE to provide high-quality professional development to teachers at all stages of their careers.
The DFE have designated three Teaching School Hubs that will work across Warwickshire. We are excited and honoured that we will be hosting the Central Warwickshire and Coventry Hub at Lawrence Sheriff, whilst Tudor Grange will serve South Warwickshire and John Taylor North Warwickshire.
Each will be working with all of the 250 schools in their region, whether academy or maintained.
Our experience to date has been very positive and we are delighted to be working closely with Coventry and Warwickshire LAs in this new role, as well as the Gateway Alliance and a series of primary, secondary, special and early years delivery partners across Coventry and Warwickshire. Please do not hesitate to contact us or the Hub in your area if you have programmes or skills that you would be interested in contributing to this new national initiative.
Over the coming weeks Hubs will be in contact to provide further information about:
- School based Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
- The newly developed Early Career Framework and the opportunity to access free of charge £3000 of support and materials for each teacher in their first or second years through each Hub. We will be hosting a webinar on the Early Careers Framework for those in Central Warwickshire on 29 April from 4-5 pm. The link to register for the event is
- The revised suite of National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) which will be available through Hubs from September
- Appropriate Body services for early career teachers
- Continuous Professional Development